This proposal would fund a ESD focused “Squad” to help establish ESD within the DeFi community. The Squad would help support development efforts, assist others in grant writing, integrations with other protocols, and contribute to reference materials.
In the beginning there was a squad, the Empty Set Squad. They designed and developed ESD and released it into the world. After its launch, they helped develop and refine the protocol in collaboration with the community that has rallied around it.
The ESS it self, while present, has encouraged the community to flourish around the protocol. We’ve had numerous individuals step up to handle various aspects of the protocol’s day to day management: development updates, integration requests, community management, protocol design and evangelism. With the addition of the treasury, ESD is now able to support community members requiring compensation to commit time to the protocol for development, protocol integrations, community building, and evangelism.
We feel that it is time for a new squad to help keep up with the ever growing attention and use it is getting.
A new squad: Squad Number 2 (SN2)
SN2 is a group that will focus on supporting the ESD community as it grows and the protocol matures. The main focus will be on contributing to the communications, integrations, infrastructure and community of the protocol.
The squad will be led by Lewi. He has been an active participant in the ESD community since early in the bootstrapping phase. Since then he has acted to promote the community in many ways:
- Developing ESD Tools which serves 4,000 community members each month
- Writing the first widely distributed article on the protocol with 6k reads. (See Here)
- Managing & moderating the Discord server
- Designing & Developing the ESD website (See Here)
- Developing a brand identity for the ESD protocol (See website)
- Contributing to the documentation for the protocol, as well as funding/organising translations to Chinese & Russian
- Development & Management of the documentation platform
- Setup of the treasury governance platform
- Creation & Management of social media platforms for the protocol
SN2 would continue to act in the same vein but with much better organisation and capabilities.
- A small group of up-to 4 individuals will come together to focus on supporting protocol
- The squad will focus on communications, integrations, infrastructure and community of the protocol.
- The squad will publish a report outlining the activities they have undertaken that month.
- The squad will publish a proposal bi-monthly requesting funds to continue their work.
- The 1st prop will only cover one month while things are getting started.
In order get the squad off the ground, the following funds are required:
These funds are to be paid up front to
0x750eb0759F56a55cF0bb528fe4EFc6f8cFd27C56 after the vote passes and the remainder will be either:
- Rolled into the next successful proposal for SN2
- Sent back to the Treasury if the following proposal fails.
- For: Yes, establish the SN2
- Against: No, SN2 is lame
- Poll: Link